No matter how we loathe it, we simply can’t stop the process of aging. Everyone has to face it, usually after the age of 40 or 50. The puzzling thing is, some people manage to look young in their 50s, even without going under the knife. So what’s the secret of these people? The answer is total skin care and living a healthy lifestyle. Remember, healthy skin is resilient to the signs of aging. You can even reverse those signs if you maintain several healthy routines daily.
Reverse the Signs of Aging
Looking younger is a want shared by millions of people. More often than not, they resort to plastic surgery for altering aging spots. Such operations are expensive and can lead to a ton of errors and side effects. Instead, you can apply anti-aging cream and skin moisturizers. Washing your skin daily can also help. If all else fails, you might as well conceal the aging signs with makeup, as well as a more fashionable sense of style.
- Anti-Aging Cream – The labels may not say it but there are three different types of anti-aging creams. Some specialize on moisturizing skin, others promote collagen production and there are those that provide anti-oxidants. Finding the right cream for you is tricky, unless you consult a dermatologist. The cream’s effects take time before they appear, plus it will only work up to some extent if it does not address your skin’s exact needs. You can experiment with different brands until you discover the best one for you, or better yet, pay your dermatologist a visit.
- Moisturizing Lotions – Moisture is the quality lacked by wrinkled skin. Restore your skin to a more youthful state by applying a moisturizing lotion to all the aging spots. Moisturizing lotions are specially formulated to hydrate skin, eventually straightening wrinkles. Through regular use, you can speed up the reversal of aging. Don’t forget to apply it right after taking a bath.
- Anti-Aging Diet – All sorts of diets have been discovered by nutritionists, including one to reverse or control aging signs. The anti-aging diet focuses on the reduction of fat, sugar and carbohydrates, which leads to the straightening of wrinkles and loss of aging lines. This diet should be maintained for at least 28 days, if you want to experience its full effect. Alternatives to this diet are the raw food diet, in which raw vegetables should comprise 75% of your diet, and the low glucose diet.
- Exercise – Wrinkles are made of dried loose skin. By exercising , you can get a toned and more muscular figure, which in effect stretches the skin. Some of the wrinkles disappear in the process. Try jogging or brisk walking for an hour or two daily. If you are fit, engage a sport that you like or workout at the gym. When your metabolism speeds up, the loose skin will soon be replaced by muscles.
- Makeup – Concealers are pretty effective in hiding lines, wrinkles and skin blemishes. With just a few layers, they can make you look younger than your actual age. Apply the foundation on aging and wrinkling spots. Make sure that you place it evenly, so it looks natural. Put on some makeup to enhance your facial features. Once done, look in the mirror closely. You will remember how you look like 10 or even 20 years ago.
- Adapt to a More Modern Sense of Style – You don’t really need to wear the attires or hairdos worn by kids. Just make yourself look younger based on your fashion and the way you carry yourself. Lose the big hair and purchase formal dresses that are more attuned to the current generation. When you get accustomed to your new image, people will see you as someone younger.
As you can see, making yourself look younger is not enough. You must infuse a little youth in your personality, if you want to create the right impression on other people. Being too serious brings much stress, which is a known cause of aging.
What’s the use of looking young if you can’t preserve it for long? You must care of your skin, keeping it from elements that cause aging signs to appear. You should also consume the right diet, so the suppleness of your skin is maintained.
- Sunscreen – The sun’s rays are notorious for drying the skin, which speeds up its aging process. During summer or particularly hot days, always wear sun screen. The solution will act as a shield against the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Walk with an umbrella if you feel your sunblock won’t contain the sunshine.
- Drink Lots of Water – Drinking lots of water moisturizes your skin, providing enough hydration to keep it from getting wrinkled. You don’t really need to drink eight glasses. Just down a glass at the slightest hint of thirst.
- Eat Healthy Food – Maintaining the anti-aging diet is advisable, even after achieving your desired results. It slows down the aging process, given the presence of less fat, sugar and carbohydrates.
- Wash Your Skin Daily and Apply Moisturizers – Washing your skin removes dirt and other elements that contribute to wrinkling. Give much focus to your face and hands, since they are usually the first ones to develop aging signs. Right after washing, apply moisturizing lotion to preserve your skin even further.
With the proper prevention methods, you can delay your skin’s aging process. Practice these methods religiously and you will likely fool many people about your actual age. Best of all, you get to enjoy your ageless sex appeal.