Having bad content about your company on Google can severely hurt your business. The reason is, people tend to be drawn to negative words. As the website with the negative comments about your company gets more people clicking on it and commenting on it, the stronger that website becomes and the higher it moves up on search engines. Eventually it will sit in the #2 or #3 position and will probably get more visitors than your own website.
Another really bad thing that happens is when words like “scam” or “complaint” start showing in Google Suggestions (when you start typing in the Google search box and words start appearing). People tend to click on bad words like “scam” or “complaints” first.
Now that we defined the problem, what can you do about it?
I will start off by saying, you probably have a long road ahead of you. The amount of time it takes to “fix” the issue, depends on the strength of the website you are fighting. When I say “fix” the issue, I mean, pushing the bad content to the second page of Google. Why second page? 90% of people do not make it past the first page, so second page is good enough.
Steps to get rid of bad content on the first page of Google:
- If you haven’t done so already, create a Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn account.
- Create at least 4 WordPress blogs on your own domain names. For example, CompanyNameCoupons.com, CompanyNameReviews.com and so on. Make sure your company name is in the domain.
- Why 4 blogs? You need a total of 10 sites to take up the entire first page. Your own website should take up at least 2 spots (I have seen 4), then 4 social media sites and another 4 blogs equals 10 total domains.
- Optimize the WordPress blog for SEO.
- Start writing content for all of your blogs. Unique content is best, copied content is very bad.
- Setup an onlywire.com account, log into OnlyWire and setup accounts on all of the sites in OnlyWire.
Why blogs? Blogs are the best for SEO because they are built for SEO out of the box. So it is very easy to have an optimized blog to move up the search engine rankings under your company name. Why WordPress? Because it is the best blog software.
Why 4 social media sites? Social media sites are very strong websites in the eyes of the search engines, so having Twitter.com/CompanyName will help out tremendously. Search for just about any company on Google and you will see their social media sites on the first page.
Next set of steps to get rid of bad content on the first page of Google
The next step will be to upload the content to the blogs, each blog post should only go on 1 blog. So if you write a blog post for your “coupon” site, do not put it on your “review” site. After the content is submitted to your website, use the OnlyWire service to have it submitted to all the major social media and bookmark websites.
How much content should you write? More the better, but if you want an exact number… try to post at least 3-5 blog posts per week per site. Each blog post doesn’t have to be long, it could be a couple sentences.
The next step is the tricky part and you should have some knowledge on building backlinks and content marketing. Content marketing is the process of taking your content and submitting it to many websites across the Internet. When you perform content marketing your articles should have links pointing to your main company website, your social media sites (only Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube) and your blog sites.
Building backlinks like this will create multi-level backlinks, which is the best way to create your backlinks.
You now have all of our blogs and social media sites setup, you created fresh content and now you are starting to build backlinks by performing content marketing. Now the content marketing is going to be the hardest part of this process. Where do you find websites to submit your content to? How do you setup your backlinks so they are optimized correctly? How many backlinks do you put in each article? There are tons of questions that still need to be answered.
These are tough questions to answer because it will be different for each company. The content that you write needs to be relevant to your website, and the content needs to be submitted to websites that are relevant to your content. For example, if you sell cars, you do not want to submit your content to a website that sells flowers.
There are companies that provide article submission services, but many are link farms and if you get your website caught up in a link farm, then your website could get kicked off Google. Yes, that can happen and has happened to many websites, even large companies like BMW.
The reason why I know how to get rid of bad content on the first page of Google is because I was a victim. I had the same exact problem for my company. Today, the first page of Google is now dominated by my company’s websites only. How did I achieve this? I worked with a New York search engine optimization company, that guided me and performed most of the work for me.
After the bad content disappeared off the first page of Google, my revenue jumped 20% instantly and after 2 months my revenue increased 30%. Of course each company will see different results, but for me, my company brand is everything, as it probably is with yours.
If you are interested in understanding more, contact the Long Island search engine optimization company and tell them I sent you.
Here are some Internet marketing services that could help you in this process:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Process of moving a website to the top of the search engines for the organic listings. Also known as Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – This is similar to SEO, but also increases website visibility in the SERPs through Pay Per Click (PPC), contextual advertising and paid inclusion.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) – Is paid advertising only and there are plenty of companies that provide PPC service. Biggest is Google Adwords, then Yahoo and Bing, plus you have smaller ones like 7Search.
Please comment or ask questions below and we can try to help.
Click here for more information about how to get rid of bad content on first page of Google