Men and women today have two choices if they want to get rid of wrinkles: the first is to visit a cosmetic surgeon and get a face-lift, and the second is to incorporate wrinkle removal techniques without going under the knife. The advantage of the first tip is that it’s much faster. You subject yourself under anesthesia, and the next day you look like a mummy because of all the bandages; however, after just a week you can see the difference.
The second tip may take months before an actual result takes place. It’s very understandable why people go under the knife due to wrinkles, yet many surveys reveal that people tend to choose a wrinkle free face that’s natural rather than something that looks stretched like a living mannequin.
Soon came the magic antidote called Botox. In an episode of CNN’s “Quest,” distinguished anchor Richard Quest made TV history by getting Botox injections on the said show and tried to compare his before and after photos. Botox actually works; however, it empties your wallet for every injection. If you feel like you need surgical stretching, go ahead if you have the resources.
Having a face lift nowadays is acceptable, especially if it’s the spur that will boost your self-esteem again and give you a more satisfying life. In a survey conducted by Zolby International, only 6% of men would want their female partner to undergo Botox injections. Six percent is very low and many experts believe that it’s because of people’s definition of a “healthy-looking” person. According to many experts, a healthy-looking person is someone who doesn’t look cosmetically enhanced.
However, if you want to find ways to get rid of your wrinkles “naturally” and for less money, it’s best that you use non-surgical methods to get rid of your wrinkles.
It wouldn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that face wrinkles have something to do with facial expressions. How do wrinkles conquer the face anyway? Look at the mirror and study your face intently. Do you have frown lines? Do you see wrinkles on your neck? Do you have sagging cheeks? If you see wrinkles, take the time to face your bathroom mirror and exercise your face, literally. Here’s how:
Facial massages (or any massage for that matter) are practiced by many people because they’re known to improve blood circulation. They’re done for the same reason that many girls put blush on their faces. Having red rosy cheeks is a sign of health within, which is very important. Massaging is not just pulling your facial skin; if you do this religiously, it can actually help you tone your facial muscles, which will help prevent the onset of face wrinkles from facial expressions and stress.
Exercising you face also brings more oxygen to your skin. When you’re inside the office, did you ever wonder how many facial muscles you are using when you’re staring in front of your computer? Not many – so get a mirror and exercise your face to tone those unused muscles before any wrinkles claim it as their territory. Here’s how:
- Lay your fingertips on your cheekbones. Make sure they’re a couple of centimeters from your temples.
- Tilt your chin downwards towards your chest.
- Upon tilting, apply ample pressure on the fingertips against your cheekbones and lift your cheek muscles up and over while you deeply breathe in and out.
- With your chin still tilted downward and your cheek muscles stretched by your fingertips, create more stretch by opening and closing your mouth slowly.
- Once you release your muscles every time you do this, you’ll feel blood pumping through your face and it’s a great feeling. This facial exercise, when done the right way and incorporated in your regimen, can tone your facial muscles and even stretch the muscles under your chin. Repeat this process ten times each day.
Wrinkles on the neck are annoying, especially if they’re making your neck sag. Of course, the first thing you need to do to get rid of that extra chin is to shed some pounds. Some people who lost the definition of their jawline did so because of their dentures. The teeth and jawbones are the skin’s scaffolding. First and foremost, get well-fitting dentures to prevent wrinkles near the jawline.
You can also do some neck exercises. Simply lay your lower lip over your upper lip and try to reach upwards as far as possible. Hold the lip posture and count to five. Then, release your lips and relax. This exercise is great to do five times every day.
Eye bags are also wrinkles. The wrinkles along eye bags make them look puffier. If you’re serious about getting rid of wrinkles, get rid of eye bags as well. Eye bags are actually toxins and water that are collected under your eyes. They are a sort of reservoir of unwanted fluids that takes a toll on your face. This also explains the puffy eyes that you see amongst alcoholics.
Here’s how you can get rid of eye wrinkles with a simple exercise. Simply place your fingertips under the eyebrows and lift your eyelids gently. Once your eyelids are completely lifted, use just your lid muscles and try to press your eyelids down. Do this while counting to five. For toning the wrinkles around your eyes, place your fingertips around your eye area and pull the skin up while you move your eyelids down. Repeat these eye exercises twice a day.
To eliminate forehead wrinkles, you simply need to exercise your forehead muscles so that the blood flow increases in your forehead area. You do this by pressing your index fingers on the forehead area that’s closer above your eyes. Press the forehead skin and lift the skin up. Resist this by trying to bring your eyebrows down. Do this 8-10 times and do five reps.
Facial exercises are important, yet they shouldn’t be considered a form of non-surgical face lift. The exercises are designed to improve blood circulation in your face and stretch the lax muscles. It’s important that facial muscles be exercised, because experts say that facial muscles are like fine and elastic sheets that are stretched over the facial bones. This means that facial aging actually starts with lax muscle tone, along with other external factors such as sagging skin, sun exposure, soft tissue breakdown, and fat pads that are descending.
The Seven Commandments
Exercising is a drag, especially when your loved ones catch you in the act stretching your face in front of the mirror. If circumstances dictate that you can’t always do the face exercises, fear not. There are seven general tips that will prevent you from getting more wrinkles as you age. Here the seven commandments.
- Exercise – Improve overall circulation and control body weight by hitting the gym or doing those crunches and lifting those weights. After all, youth is synonymous with vigor.
- Flaxseed Oil – Flax seed is known to have the richest deposits of Omega 3-fatty acids, which are necessary for anyone who wants supple skin.
- Don’t Be an Alcoholic! – Alcohol dehydrates you and puts toxins in your body. If you combine that with the given pollution, food chemicals, and sun exposure, it’s all going to affect your youthful face. However, feel free to gulp red wine. It contains anti-oxidants that give you that youthful glow.
- Teeth Matter – A nice set of teeth and strong jaw bone are the scaffolds that hold your face in place. Any abnormalities would result in fine lines and wrinkles. Have them fixed if you have the facilities for it.
- Blueberries – Consuming blueberries is a great natural anti-wrinkle remedy. Blueberries contain a lot of anti-oxidants that fight the free radicals that damage the skin.
- Hydrate – Drink plenty of water and fruit juices.
- The Evil Trio – Stay away from the so-called evil trio: these are stress, smoke, and sun.
The natural methods don’t just take care of your face wrinkles – they will help you live a healthier lifestyle and incorporate a rejuvenating regimen. In the long term, you’re hitting two birds with one stone: maintaining a younger-looking face and living a healthy life. In this modern world where everything seems to be polluted and harsh, health is indeed wealth.
Click here for more information on how to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles.