It’s incomprehensible why human parasites are being treated like a “secret society”. If you’ve seen the movie “Cruel Intentions”, it described a secret society as “everybody knows it, it’s just that nobody talks about it”. Well, it must be talked about because human parasites are a serious public issue. You have to listen because these don’t just exist in a Third World country where malnutrition and poor hygienic practices exist.
In 1976, the Centers for Disease Control conducted a survey which the Miami Herald published in an article dated June 27, 1978. The article revealed that one in every six people (that’s randomly selected) had one or more parasites. In 1991, Louis Parish, M.D. (a physician from New York) estimated that 25% of the New York population were infected by parasites.
Another specialist (Peter Weiner, Ph. D.) from Walter Reed Army Institute of Research stated that there is a tremendous parasite problem in the United States that is just not being identified. Since 2005, parasitologists project that more than 8.3 billion people on this planet will be infected with parasitic diseases. These are just a few of what informed people are saying about human parasite infection.
In short, these infections exist everywhere and everyone is susceptible.
Why Is It Spreading?
There are actually several reasons why parasitic infection among humans spread like wildfire. Keep in mind that there are many parasites that infect humans. This means that the reasons given below are general and may involve the transfer of different parasites, not just one. Here are some of them:
- The rise of demand for International travel – Airplanes are the 21st century’s parasitic highway. Many people have been exposed to a whole gamut of exotic infestations that are not present in their homeland due to extensive foreign travels.
- The contamination of rural and municipal water supplies. – Food and water are common sources of roundworm, giardia and amoeba.
- The so-called “sexual revolution” and the spread of AIDS. – Trichomonas, amoebae and giardia are parasites that partners can transmit by means of sexual contact.
- When soldiers or armed forces return from their posts overseas. – Pinworm eggs and Taxoplasma gondii are often inhaled through the nose from contaminated dust. Parasites like hookworms, strongyloides and schistomes are known to penetrate bare feet and exposed skin.
- The huge number of refugees and immigrants from areas that are labeled “endemic”. – Experts have classified mosquitoes to be the carrier of dog heart worm. This is very common in places where Malaria is rampant.
- The widespread popularity of household pets. – many people get dog tapeworm infections from swallowed fleas.
- The rising demand for regional or exotic foods. – Many exotic foods are served undercooked. Some are sold in markets where flies, carriers of amoebic cysts, are rampant.
You have to understand that not all parasites are harmful to the body. Some are “symbiotic” parasites which means their presence in your system yields a mutual benefit.
Symptoms of Human Parasite Infestation
Remember that symptoms of parasite infection over arch with the symptoms of other diseases. This means that you should not automatically assume that you are infested with a “bad” parasite. However, paying attention to these symptoms will help you find out and take some steps for parasite cleaning.
- Chronic fatigue – Do you feel tired most of the time?
- Digestive Problems – Do you feel bloated? Are you experiencing recurring diarrhea or constipation?
- Gastrointestinal symptom – Do you discharge very bulky stools or is there excess fat present in your feces?
- Allergy and other reactions – Do you suffer from food sensitivities? Are you developing allergy-like reactions but can’t understand why? Did you develop environmental intolerance?
- Arthritis – Are you experiencing muscle and joint pains and sometimes suffer from inflammation because of these pains?
- Anemia – Are you suffering from iron deficiency?
- Skin disease – Do you have rashes. Weeping eczema, sores, papular lesions, hives, cutaneous ulcers, some swelling and itchy dermatitis?
- Restlessness – Do you experience multiple awakenings especially in the wee hours in the morning (2-3am)? Do you suffer from anxiety? Do you grind your teeth when you sleep?
- Candida Program – Did you try to stay away from fruit juices, bread, alcohol but can’t really kick the habit or didn’t help you at all?
- Self-esteem – Did you experience feeling terrible about yourself and you or your doctor can’t figure out why? Do you have difficulty losing or gaining weight no matter what you do? Are you depressed?
- Infection – Do you suffer from excessive viral and bacterial infections?
It is very difficult (even for doctors) to instantly and accurately diagnose parasite-based problems because these can mimic other diseases that are more familiar with physicians.
What’s more, the reproductive cycle in which the cysts or eggs are passed (and the way they mature) takes place at irregular intervals which makes diagnosis more tricky.
Know The Parasites
There are four main classes of parasites that infect humans. Each of these classes have many varieties under them. A total of 130 parasites are already known to infect human beings.
- Microscopic organisms – These are one-celled organisms that are invisible to the naked eye. These organisms can take over the human intestinal tract and reproduce rapidly. From the intestines, they easily move to settle on other organs and tissues. Scientists describe them as “microscopic vampires”. They are also referred to as Protozoans.
- Phylum Nematoda – Also called as roundworms, these are larger parasites that can be seen by the naked eye (if you know how they look like). These worms multiply by producing eggs and they are multi-cellular.
- Phylum trematoda – These are also called as flatworms.
- Phylum cestoda – More commonly referred to as tapeworms, these are parasites that attaches to man’s intestinal walls using its head. As long as the head is attached, a new worm grows from it. It’s also the largest parasite that inhabits human beings.
These parasites affect our health because in many cases, unexplained conditions disappeared the moment parasites were eliminated from the victim. Such unexplained conditions are skin problems, environmental conditions, hypoglycemia, long-standing obesity, depression, excessive fatigue and digestive problems.
Here’s how you can drive away any of the four classes of parasites out of your body:
“De-worm Your Children”
Children are very vulnerable to parasites. They have the habit of putting any kind of dirty objects (even their dirty hands) in their mouths. They share cups, toys and food with other kids who may also be infected. They rarely are obedient in washing their hands properly after handling the family pets or after using the toilet. Obviously, these are only a few ways of the child that can lead them to parasitic infections. Call your local physician and have your kids dewormed.
Many books and Internet sites refer to herbs as an effective and natural way of getting rid of parasites. Such herbs are Green Hull, Black Walnut Hulls, Thyme, Fennel, Garlic, Pumpkin Seeds, Diatomaceaous Earth, Cloves, Goldenseal, Wormwood, Sage, Grape Seed Extract, Cranberry Powder and Male Fern.
Experts warn that these herbs may not initially get rid of the parasites because it tends to leave minimal quantities in the body. However, herbs are proven to adequately provide future protection against any infection that may happen to you after you clear up the parasites from your body.
Do you know that bad bacteria are also parasites which are detrimental to your health. Bad bacteria such as Salmonella, Cvlostridiums and Shigella invade your body and colonize tumorous organs. They are difficult to stop because humans are constantly re-infecting themselves by keeping reservoir on their hands and beneath the fingernails.
In case you are victimized by them, here are the ways how you can both eliminate them and prevent them from coming back.
- Improve the way you sanitize. Get a spray bottle and fill it up with 50% grain alcohol. Place this near the bathroom sink and use this to sterilize your hands before and after bathroom use. You must also use this before meals.
- Go to the drugstore and find a tablet with betaine hydrochloride. This is known to kill Clostridium. Take this 2-3 times a day.
- Shigella and E. coli. can be eradicated by taking “Turmeric” capsules 3 times a day. Once you take this, expect an orange-colored stool.
- Take fennel herb capsules. The general prescription is 2 capsules, 3 times a day.
- There are digestive enzyme tablets that are available over the counter. These are generally sold in bottles and can be added to food. Remember to use this only when necessary. You may ask your local physician when the best time is because it varies.
- The herb product called “Black Walnut Hull Tincture Extra Strength” (or other commercial equivalent) can be used to clean your colon. You simply add two teaspoons of this to half a glass of water or fruit juice. Sit down and sip this for over a fifteen minute period. Stay seated until the drowsy side effect of the alcohol wears off.
- If you are suffering from constipation, take Cascara Sagrada capsulated herbs to give you enough magnesium. Drink a cup of hot water every time you wake up in the morning to help you regulate your elimination.
- Buy some Lugol’s solution. This is the common therapy for Salmonella. Add 6 drops of these in a half cup of water and drink four times a day.
While Bowel cleansing, make sure to eat sterile dairy products so that you can get rid of the bad bacteria problem in just a week. There are also colon cleanse powders sold in the market that are effective bad bacteria killers. You’ll know that you’ve succeeded when you feel that your tummy is flatter, your mood has improved and there are no more gurgles.
Keep in mind that the bowel cleanse above is considered a “general method” that means that it may yield mixed results. If you have any diagnosed parasitic infection, nothing beats your local doctor’s customized advice.
Click here for more information on how to get rid of parasites.