Experts still aren’t sure why people have pubic hair. Some say pubic hair releases sexually attractive scents known as pheromones. These scents aren’t noticeable but they attract the opposite sex nonetheless. Some experts say people grow pubic hair to keep their genitals warm, while others maintain that pubic hair prevents dirt from entering the openings of genitals.
Pubic hair may seem very useful, but it can be quite annoying when it gets caught in your underwear. It becomes even more bothersome when it gets too long, making your genitals look unsightly. The following pubic hair removal tips can help you, if you want to get rid of your pubic hair for cosmetic reasons or for comfort.(For more tips how to get rid of pubic hair)
Bikini Waxing for Beginners
As a woman, you consider a lot of things when you’re planning on going to the beach. You think of your figure, your clothes and your tan. Many women today also think about their pubic hair. If you’re tired of the same old shave before a visit to the beach, why not try bikini waxing?
Bikini waxing involves the use of wax to remove pubic hair from the area around the bathing suit line. The waxer may use different products during the procedure, such as wax, sugar mixtures, emollients and scents. She may also shave the pubic hair and apply hair removal creams.
Taking it Off: Types of Bikini Wax
There are many kinds of bikini waxing, and salons may have different names for each. American waxing involves the removal of the hair around the thighs and below the navel. French waxing is famous for leaving only a vertical strip of pubic hair above the vaginal area. Lastly, Brazilian is similar to French waxing but it also gets rid of the pubic hair in the buttocks. The following procedure is the typical course of bikini waxing:
- The waxer spreads baby powder on areas to be waxed.
- Hot wax is applied and is left to harden for a few minutes.
- The waxer peels off the wax and removes the remaining hair using tweezers.
The duration of the procedure depends on how much hair you want to remove. A full Brazilian wax can last for 30 minutes or longer.
Bare and Bold: The Brazilian Wax
If you want to get rid of all your pubic hair, then your best option is to get a Brazilian wax. A Brazilian wax doesn’t necessarily mean everything is removed, though. It only means that the hair in your buttocks, perineum and anus is also stripped off.
The typical Brazilian wax still leaves a strip of pubic hair, which is called a “landing strip,” above the vulva. Salons usually call this type of waxing G-wax. Some salons call the total removal of pubic hair a full Brazilian, full bikini wax, entire body wax, Sphynx or Hollywood. Experts claim the method is called “Brazilian” because modern waxing originated from Brazil. Some experts though think “Brazilian” refers to the Brazilian swimwear that this kind of wax requires.
A Brazilian wax follows the same procedure as above. Then, the “landing strip” is trimmed using a razor, tweezers, and other tools. You may choose to have it shaped into a triangle or a heart.
What Do I Get From a Brazilian Wax?
Brazilian waxing is popular because people who have done it say it feels great. While pain is involved in the procedure because of the hot wax, anesthetics may be administered to make it tolerable. Lots of women say that their sensation around waxed areas have significantly increased after the procedure. Some also feel more pleasure during sexual intercourse. Others simply say that they feel clean after a Brazilian wax.
How to Prepare Yourself for a Wax
Getting a wax is not as simple as it looks. You have to consider many things so the procedure will go smoothly, and also to prevent complications. Here are the things you should think about before going to a salon:
- Consult your doctor first before getting a wax if you’re diabetic, pregnant, have a pacemaker or suffer from a skin condition. According to aestheticians, it is not safe for menstruating women to undergo the procedure because of the heightened sensitivity in their pubic areas.
- Consider taking aspirin or ibuprofen an hour before the procedure to lessen the pain.
- Trim your pubic hair before going through the procedure. Shave the pubic area thrice a week or before getting a wax.
- Think about what to wear during the procedure. It’s probably best to be naked during the entire process so the waxer can access hard-to-reach areas more easily. If you want to wear something during the process, wear a skimpy underwear to make waxing easier.
- Prepare yourself mentally and physically before entering a salon. You should be in tip-top shape for the procedure so you won’t feel pain that much.
How About Electrolysis?
Your pubic hair will grow back weeks or months after a bikini wax. Once it’s back, you have to go to a salon again and have it removed. If you want to get rid of your pubic hair for good, try electrolysis.
In electrolysis, strands of hair are removed from your body by inserting an electrified needle in your hair follicles. Electrical pulse is then sent through the needle, which destroys the hair’s growth centers. The medical professional then removes hair using forceps.
Although this hair removal method seems dangerous, your skin will not be punctured if needles are properly inserted. The medical professional may then recommend getting a galvanic, blend, or thermolysis to get rid of your pubic hair. Since the procedure involves the use of needles, it could be painful to other patients. In addition, pain increase if you’re trying to remove hair that is very coarse.
Don’t hesitate on removing your pubic hair if it really interferes with your daily activities. Weigh the pros and cons of each hair removal method before deciding on one. If you’re going for a bikini wax, remember to check out the equipment of the salon and make sure that it is clean and complete. Only agree to have your pubic hair waxed once you’re sure that everything is safe. For this article’s counterpart, read how to get rid of pubic hair for men.
* Pubic hair can be bothersome especially for women who are busy with so many activities throughout the day. If you really want to try out waxing to get rid of your itchy companion downstairs, you should learn more on how to bikini wax the right way before approaching any salon for help.
Click here for more information on how to get rid of pubic hair for women.