If you are a woman, you probably consider waterproof mascara one of the greatest inventions in cosmetology in recent years. You no longer have to worry about smudges and chipping everytime your eyelashes get wet. You cry, your face gets oily, and you perspire – you do almost everything to ruin your makeup. The solution? Of course, you have to use waterproof mascara.
With waterproof mascara, you no longer have to wear eye makeup only on special occasions. You can flutter your thick and long lushes even when swimming and running. You can wear mascara everyday without the need to reapply it as long as it’s waterproof.
Waterproof mascara is almost permanent, so you’ll surely find it hard to remove before sleeping. That can be easy, but only if you have remover. What if you don’t have any? Here are some tips:
Use Olive Oil
Some waterproof mascaras contain SPF these days. The old-fashioned way of removing waterproof mascara is by using a ball of cotton and baby oil. Now, this is where damage to the eyes comes in. The proper way to get rid of waterproof mascara is to use olive oil instead, because the petroleum found in baby oil is not good for the eyes.
- Simply dab some oil on your cotton ball. Close your eyes and then place the cotton balls on your lashes. The oil will act as a detergent, breaking up and dissolving the makeup pigment on your eyes. The olive oil needs time to do this, so hold the cotton ball on your eyes for 30 seconds.
- Wipe your lashes clean. Use your daily cleanser to clean your eyes again. If you think this is difficult, then clean your eyes with a makeup remover cleanser. One bottle should last a long time, so don’t hesitate to buy some.
- Using olive oil or a cleanser is safe as long as you don’t ruin your lashes. You have to remember that wearing waterproof mascara every single day is not recommended because removing the makeup on your eyes gets more difficult each day. Save your makeup for your great weekend plans, instead.
Move and Remove
- While dabbing cotton balls into an olive oil seems easy, you will still need to learn how to do it properly before you can remove waterproof mascara on your lashes completely. First, you have to pin your hair up. The strands of your hair can get in the way of the whole process. If you don’t pin your hair up, you will only end up complaining about oily hair. (Tips on how to get rid of oily hair)
- You will need two cotton balls to dab cleansing oil with. Removing your waterproof mascara is easier when you mix the oil with makeup remover. If you don’t have some, then make use of what you have.
- Running the cotton balls on your closed eyes should be done from left to right and then right to left. While some people rub the cotton balls in a circular motion, be reminded that the proper way to do this is to thoroughly and slowly pass the cotton balls across your eyes. Your goal here is to loosen the waterproof mascara from your eyelashes. Continue running the cotton balls on your eyes until you feel the mascara starting to get loose. Never pull off your eyelashes.
- You can now wash your whole face with water and your daily facial cleanser. Let your cleanser stay on your face for 30 to 60 seconds. Rinse your face with warm water. After this, your face should look brilliant. At this point, your waterproof mascara should be completely removed. If there is any eyeliner or mascara residue, just take a swab of cotton with some moisturizer or oil and wipe your eyes with it.
Can’t Miss Tips
- Some people use cold creams, while others wipe their lashes with hypoallergenic baby wipes. You may also be surprised to learn that health specialists recommend the use of baby shampoo to remove waterproof mascara.
- If you’re going to use waterproof mascara remover, make sure that you’re not wearing your contact lenses. However, note that some waterproof mascara removers are designed to be safe for contact lenses.
- Make sure that you wear the right waterproof mascara to prevent eye injury, irritation and sensitivities. The wrong product will only make mascara removal more difficult.
Waterproof mascara is a must-have for anyone who wants to magnify the beauty of their eyes. All you need is the proper moisturizer coupled with enough patience to remove waterproof mascara from your eyes completely.